yknow, i’ve seen a lot of posts analyzing haru’s nightmare and rin and haru’s fight from last episode, but im honestly shocked at the lack of attention this scene has.
we’ve been seeing all season that makoto is struggling with what he wants to do when he gets out of high school. he probably never thought he’d be able to make it to the big leagues because his talent wasn’t up there with haru and rin’s. he’s jealous of rin because he could never ignite that spark in haru that rin can when they swim. haru is constantly being targeted by scouts. makoto probably feels like he’s being left behind.
but right here. this is the first time makoto is being told that his talent is worth something. even if he has decided on what he wants to do after graduation (i.e., studying in tokyo, working at the iwatobi swim club, etc.), this is the only time makoto has heard he has the potential to keep swimming. and it’s not from his best friend or his teammates or his teachers - it’s from rin.
obviously rin’s goal is to swim professionally and make it to the olympics. but up to this point makoto had assumed he was only interested in whether or not haru was taking his future into consideration. rin is also worried about makoto. not many people remember that makoto and rin are very close friends because they don’t have the same bond with each other that they both have with haru. but all season rin has been worrying about them both and rin wants them both to consider swimming professionally, not just for their future’s sake, but so he can continue swimming with his friends.
Emphasis added. At the cherry blossom pool, Rin did ask both Haru and Makoto what their plans were for the future, after all.
Imagine getting to tell your favorite character that they’re your favorite and why and why they’re so important to you
Lawd Jesus I’d love to tell Makoto all those times I have screamed for him to jump outta the computer screen :)
Once you get this you have to say five nice things about yourself publicly then send this to your ten favourite followers!
aww thank you!! :D :D :D HEHEHE.
1. I’m 5’11’, same height as rei ryugazaki i think? :P
2. I love popcorn
3. I can dance hehe
4. I love anime ;D (fun fact)
5. I know some Japanese? :D
- Talk about the first ship you ever had.
- Talk about three of the most important ships throughout your life.
- What’s your current OTP?
- What’s your current NOTP?
- Do you have any poly ships?
- How do you feel about love triangles?
- How do you feel about RPF?
- Have you ever shipped yourself with a character?
- Do you have many ships that never got together at all?
- Do you ship any characters that have never met?
- Talk about your favorite first kiss.
- Have you ever been disappointed when your ship finally got together?
- Has a ship ever broken your heart?
- How do you feel about will they/won’t they?
- Have you ever “shipped at first sight”?
- Talk about a ship you initially disliked.
- Talk about a pairing you’ve stopped shipping romantically.
- Talk about a moment which made you question an entire ship.
- Have you ever shipped something despite yourself?
- Talk about a ship you feel alone in shipping.
- Is there a ship you just don’t get, but have nothing against?
- Which of your ships have the best chemistry?
- Which of your ships deserve better writing?
- Do you mostly ship canon pairings?
- Have you ever shipped a pairing before you even started watching the show/movie simply because of gifs and graphics or similar?
- Have you noticed a pattern in your shipping? Is there a romantic dynamic you’re more drawn to?
- Is there a ship you’ve shipped for most of your life?
- Does shipping come easily to you?
- Do you need to ship something to really enjoy a movie/book/tv show/comic?
- Name a couple of fandoms in which you have no ships.
- Talk about one of your favorite headcanons for a ship you love.
- Share five must-read fics.
- Name your favorite fanartist(s).
- Share your favorite fanmix for your OTP.
- Recommend 1-5 shipper blogs.
- Do you create fanmixes/gif sets/fanart/fic/fanvids and so on for you ships?
- Do you have a favorite trope and/or AU for your OTP?
- Do you like and use ship names?
- Is there a fictional relationship you’d really want for yourself?
- If you could change one thing about your OTP, what would that be?
Makoto worrying about Haru
Makoto is honestly the best thing out there… I really need someone like him in my life. Really..
omg i am laughing so hard at the Miss Universe costume category
you got poland lookin nice
Namibia workin it
Costa Rica goin big, what did you expect
Haiti fuckin rockin it
Great Britain got damn
Switzerland hell yeah
we had to be a fucking transformer
is this real life
reblogging this again just to add
canada HAD TO BE a fuckign mountie are you kidding me
but did you guys see this:
Never be ashamed of your artwork!! You still drew something, and it turned out really well!! Your art is better than mine by a bit but practice makes perfect! Sincerely, A (hopefully) motivational and optimistic anon
Aww! Thank you so much :’) it’s just I don’t have much time to practice drawing and I feel like I’m not improving at a fast enough pace. I really wanna be able to draw my own stuff without copying yknow? It takes practice and I don’t have much time for that :( thanks so much though anon! Made me very happy hehe :)